I remember my mom making sloppy joes as a kid. I loved it. I knew I could make a mess at the dinner table and I wasn’t going to get in trouble. I mean, the name of dinner said “sloppy” how much better could it get for a kid??
This version of sloppy joes is more paleo based and it has the benefit of pure essential oils for added bonus!
I feel you’ll scarf this down just as much as you did a regular sloppy joe, without your body feeling sloppy. Your kids will love it too!
- 4 sweet potatoes (pre-bake these in the oven)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 lbs of grass-fed ground beef (or feel free to substitute with ground turkey or chicken)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1-2 drops of doTERRA Cumin essential oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14-20 oz), do not drain
- 1 can of tomato paste (6 oz)
- Pre-heat your oven and bake the 4 sweet potatoes until soft
- Saute onions, garlic, and celery together in a skillet/pot; until onions are clear and tender
- Add ground beef (or turkey, chicken) in the same skillet/pot, brown completely
- Add chili powder, doTERRA Cumin essential oil, red pepper, and green pepper to the skillet/pot
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste
- Simmer in the skillet/pot for about 15 minutes
- Cut the sweet potatoes down the middle and open up (like a baked potato)
- Scoop the sloppy joe mixture on top of the potato
- Serve immediately … enjoy!
Benefits of doTERRA Cumin Essential Oil:
- Popular spice used in many dishes from around the world
- Supports digestive health and helps to relieve occasional digestive discomfort
- Purifying to the body’s system
- Add one to three drops to stews, soups, and curries for a spicy flavor
- Add one to two drops to four ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse
- Promotes digestive health
**Cumin oil is a promotional product not available for purchase.
Interested in finding out when Cumin essential oil is available? Contact me here!
BONUS: Here are a couple of bonus recipes including doTERRA Cumin essential oil!