Cold weather can be hard on body, mind, and spirit. Try these tips for surviving the holidays, weathering the cold, practicing green principles, and staying fit and lean all winter long. Here are some simple top tips to help you stay healthy this winter.
What do you look for when you look for tips? How about healthy tips? For me, I look for things that are simple for me to incorporate into my every day life, my every day routine. When something is simple, easy to do, then I’m more likely to do it and to follow through with it.
So, I compiled a short list of simple things you can do to be healthy this winter:
10 Tips for Winter Health
- Slow the Pig-Out: Before heading out to a holiday party, have a big glass of water and an apple. This will curb your appetite enough to slow down on a massive pig-out you’ll end up regretting after.
- Scrub the Dead Away: Dead skin that is. Make yourself a nice sugar scrub with brown sugar and coconut oil or almond oil. Add some essential oils to improve your skin health and appearance.
- Skip the Antacids: If you’ve overindulged in the food and/or drink take some digestive enzymes, or make some ginger or peppermint tea.
- Be Social: Join or organize groups for fun outings such as a walk, museum trips, plays, concerts, or play some board games.
- Upgrade from Candles: Paraffin/gel candles emit carcinogens and lead. Choose beeswax candles or diffuse essential oils for a cleaner environment.
- Move More: Bundle up and head outside for some physical activity. You’ll burn calories and also light your soul.
- Moisturize: Apply a rich lotion to your body daily to help your skin fight off the elements. Don’t forget your hands and feet.
- Get Some Lovin’: A healthy sexual relationship decreases stress and increases well-being.
- Count Your Blessings: Each night before you go to bed, make a list of 10 things you’re grateful for.
- Breathe Deeply: The holidays can be a stressful time. Don’t forget to take time to focus on your breathing. Even if it’s just 5 minutes a day.
Holistic Health Coaching
If you want some specific tips and tools to manage stress and overwhelm then my private coaching programs are perfect for you. Check them out here.
I am excited to help you on your journey!
Your Holistic Health Coach