Eating healthy is important when you’re on your path for a healthy lifestyle. Eating right gives your body what it needs to function at the most optimal level. This allows you to thrive in your day. Meal planning is an important step to eating healthy. You’re less likely to hit up the snacks and junk food if you have your healthy meals prepared and ready to go. This Healthy Chicken and Cauliflower Soup is a great meal to make ahead of time and fill your fridge for the week. It’s hearty and healthy.
Do you meal prep?
How do you go about planning and prepping?
A lot of people tell me this is the biggest struggle for them. They don’t know what to cook. They don’t feel prepared. And then they end up eating out more than they would like to or they’re eating snacky, non-fulfilling foods throughout the day.
I find one the best ways to be successful is to prepare for the success.
One of the ways you can become successful in your meal planning is finding a few easy-to-make meals that are hearty and will hold up a few days so you can eat them for meals or munch on them through the week.
I love being able to make a meal in a pot … or a big dish… or a crock pot. It’s easy to make a few meals at the same time in just a couple of hours. This alone helps set me up for success during the week.
So, here’s that Chicken and Cauliflower Soup recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil or Ghee
- 2 cloves of garlic; finely chopped or minced
- 2-3 pounds of chicken breast or boneless, skinless thighs; cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 head of cauliflower; roughly chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 large container of chicken stock
- 1 drop of Marjoram essential oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil or ghee in a large pot
- Add garlic and stir until cooked through
- Salt and Pepper the chicken and then add it to pot; stir until cooked through
- Remove chicken and place aside
- Place chopped cauliflower, coconut milk, and chicken stock in pot; stir until well blended together
- While cauliflower is cooking, cook bacon in frying pan until crispy; place on paper towel-lined plate to drain
- Heat cauliflower until soft to pierce with a fork
- Remove pot from heat
- Add 1 drop of Marjoram essential oil to pot and stir well
- Blend cauliflower mixture with a mixer or a blender (in small batches if necessary) until there are no lumps; salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bacon and add to blended cauliflower (can save some for garnish when serving)
- Add chicken to blended cauliflower and mix together
Also a great meal for leftovers.
I’m excited to hear how you like this recipe… Please send me a quick comment to let me know!
I am excited to help you to Live a Healthy Lifestyle!
Have an Abundantly Healthy day, and, until next time …
Dr. Cori Campbell
Your Health and Wellness Coach
Disclaimer: This information is not meant to diagnose, prescribe, treat or cure any illness or disease. It’s strictly for informational, educational, or entertainment purposes only. The products I talk about are not meant to diagnose, prescribe, treat, or cure any illness or disease. Any information I give you about them is for informational or entertainment purposes only. They have not been evaluated or approved by the FDA. Please seek the qualified health professional of your choice when making health decisions for yourself, your family, and your pets.