Have you had days where you wake up and you’re ready to tackle the day and then other days you’re just not sure if you want to move? Good days and bad days happen but did you know there’s a way to make more good days … or great days … happen?
There’s one thing you can do that will change your life!
Really … there is … I promise!
Now, maybe you don’t believe me but I truly believe you can do this. We’re all “busy” with life, right? I use busy in quotations for a reason. A lot of people tell me they’re too busy but they’re really only doing things to fill their time … which is avoiding the things they could be doing with their time. So, be honest with yourself … and me … about how truly busy you are.
If I told you there was one thing you could do that would change your life, would you do it?
What if I told you had to do it every day?
I find that if it’s important enough to you to make a change then you will. I’m sure there are factors or objections that you might weigh out when determining if you will actually follow through with some new idea. Here are some questions (or objections) that I’ll just throw out there that you may be thinking to yourself …
- What impact will it have on my personal life?
- What impact will it have on my business/work life?
- What impact will it have on my relationship(s)?
- How much will it cost me?
- How much time will it take?
- How long will I have to do it before I see a change?
Those are legitimate questions that clients have asked me.
Here are my simple responses:
- What kind of impact do you want on your personal life? … Because that’s what you can receive!
- What kind of impact do you want on your business/work life? … Because that’s what you can receive!
- What kind of impact do you want on your relationships? … Because that’s what you can receive!
- What if I told you it’s free?
- How much time do you have to dedicate to a life changing habit?
- Are you open to noticing the change?
It seriously is completely up to you with what kind of impact this daily habit will bring. If you’re focused on goals and the future then you’ll see achievements. If you’re focused on fears and failure then you’ll see more of those.
It is absolutely free. There’s no cost to implementing this daily habit. But what if this daily habit would bring you the riches to make your goals a reality? Then, what would it be worth?
How much time would you dedicate to a daily habit if it would drastically improve your life? Put a dollar amount on that value. Are you too busy for 30 minutes a day? How about 15 minutes a day? What about if you just spent 6 minutes a day?
Is it worth it to you?
Finally, are you open to noticing the changes that will come? If you’re closed off to receiving then you’re not going to notice the impact anyway. If you’re focused on negativity and fears then you’re not going to notice the positive impact that could be happening for you. You have to be truly open to the change before the change will actually be able to happen. Once you’re ready for that, then we’re ready to begin.
Start each day with this daily routine. It’s very important that you start the day with this routine because it will set the tone for the rest of your day, which sets the tone for the rest of your week, for the rest of the month, for the rest of the year … and so on.
If you’re normally waking up and then rushing out the door to your day then do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and start setting your alarm for at least 15 minutes earlier … if for no other reason than to go through this recipe!
Here’s your simple recipe:
- Wake up … Early!
- Spend 1 to 5+ minutes reading or listening to something positive. This can be a page from a positive book, a daily motivating quote, a verse, listening to a TED talk, listening to your favorite uplifting podcast, etc. The key is nothing negative! So no news, no sports, nothing but positive!
- Spend 1 to 5+ minutes writing in a journal. Write about what you learned and how you’re going to apply the positive message you read or listened to. Start a new journal page for each day because this will allow you to start each day with fresh eyes.
- Spend 1 to 5+ minutes saying, out loud, positive affirmations. Don’t just say the affirmation … truly feel it! If you don’t feel it, then you’ll feel you’re lying to yourself and nobody likes a liar! Affirmations should be intentional, not just a simple “I am” statement. If you want to make this with a stronger impact then simply say your affirmation to yourself, out loud, while looking at yourself in the mirror! Trust me, it works!
- Good Affirmation Example: I am confident with public speaking
- Better Affirmation Example: I am constantly learning so that I can confidently speak to my clients
- Spend 1 to 5+ minutes in silent meditation. Yes, I said silent. Yes, you have to turn your phone off. Yes, you have to do it without music. They call it meditation practice for a reason … it takes practice to shut off your brain! It was difficult when I first started this practice too but now when it’s my meditation time I just take myself to the zone. Focus on your breathing to keep your mind from wandering. If you notice your mind wandering then just take note of the thought so you can register what your brain is up to and go back to focusing on your breathing. Thoughts will come and go and that’s natural. It’s not realistic to think of silent meditation as total and complete emptiness. Be fair to yourself. But trust me when I say this will be a life-altering practice! You can lie down or sit, just be in a comfortable position then let your breathing take you to another dimension … who knows, you might be surprised where your mind takes you!
- Spend 1 to 5+ minutes visualizing your day. If you have a big presentation to do that day then visualize what you’ll say, how you’ll greet the people attending, what their reaction will be when you’re done. If you have a final call with a huge client then visualize how you’ll help them. Silently go through your daily agenda and visualize each important step. If you feel fear creeping in and trying to take over then visualize yourself crushing the fear as you confidently complete the task.
- Spend 1 to 5+ minutes doing a plank. This may sound simple in the world of exercise but a plank is a whole body stabilizing exercise. This act will cause your stabilizing muscles to contract and hold your spine solid, pull your shoulders back, and provide you with the core structure for a solid posture to take on your day.
Are you open to connecting with a group of like-minded people, people who want to improve their health and wellness? Then join our Facebook Group here.
Now, go out there confidently!
Seize your day!
Tell us how this has changed your life!
I am excited to help you on your journey!
Have an Abundantly Healthy day, and, until next time …
Dr. Cori Campbell, Physical Therapist, Wellness Advocate