We all want to live a vibrant, fulfilling life for as long as we can. One of the best ways to build that for yourself is to build better brain health. Increasing evidence is showing that participating in healthy, brain building, lifestyle habits is prolonging the ability for memory, focus, and concentration in our brains. Are you ready to put your health first and get started on improving your brain health?
Studies are showing that older adults with healthy habits are thinking skills and reducing cognitive decline as they age. Some of these healthy habits include the following:
- Eat Healthy
- A brain-healthy diet consists of vegetables, fruits, and protein from fish or legumes. Healthy Omega-3 fatty acids are also important for brain and heart health; these are great in salmon and mackerel. A foundational vitality supplement should be incorporated in your daily routine as well; this should include a balanced amount of vitamins, minerals, omegas, and other nutrients essential for supporting your immune system and managing a normal inflammatory response in your body. With my research, I have found that Lifelong Vitality are the best supplements to include as part of your daily whole food diet, you can get them with a discount here.
- Studies show that aerobic exercise increases blood flow to the brain and stimulates the brain to release a molecule essential for repairing brain cells .
- Rest and Stress Management
- Sleep is an important time for your brain to recover and clear waste. People who sleep 7-10 hours each night have improved brain and cognitive health. Having a quality diffuser in the bedroom will support your body for restful sleep and also support your brain as it recovers during sleep. I highly recommend adding the Restful Blend essential oil to your new diffuser. You can get them both with a discount here.
- Stress releases cortisol in the body and high levels of cortisol in the body can lead to plaque build up in the blood vessels which would lead to decreased oxygen to the brain which, as a domino affect, would lead to decreased brain and cognitive functioning.
- Reducing Toxic Load
- Something we don’t normally think about but should is the fact that we are constantly exposed to toxins throughout the day. These toxins build up in our bodies and slow down the normal cleansing tasks. This leads to toxic load buildup and has been linked to disease processes. A great way to reduce the toxins in your home is to replace your cleaning products with natural cleaners and cleansers that will not only clean your home but they will also support your immune system rather than destroy it. Research shows that people who use a cleaner that includes the Protective Blend have stronger immune systems, improved focus, and better overall health. Set up an account here and you can get those cleaning products with a huge discount.
Are you ready to put your health first and get started on improving your brain health?
I am excited to help you on your journey!
Have an Abundantly Healthy day, and, until next time …
Dr. Cori Campbell, Physical Therapist, Holistic Wellness Coach