How would you feel if you could go through your home and know the products you’re using are actually healthy, and not causing damage to you, your family, or your pets? What would that be worth to you? For most people, we have no idea that some of these common products in our homes are truly causing damage. How many of these products could you replace?
Most people have toxic products linked to all sorts of medical issues, including respiratory diseases, cardiac diseases, and even cancer. Yes, cancer! These products don’t come with crazy warning signs that say “I cause XYZ disease!” so I want to educate you on what you’re potentially bringing into your home.
- Air Fresheners: How many do you have in your home? … In your car? These things are everywhere. They come in cardboard-ish material, plug ins, spray cans, automatic spray spritzers, and more. People spray this stuff in the air they’re breathing and on the furniture and bedding they’re touching. These are made up of synthetic fragrance, often referred to as “fragrance” or “parfum.” This is simply a means to cover up the long list of chemicals they’re made with.
- Natural and healthy Alternative: Use only certified pure essential oils that come with their certification report from a third-party testing facility. Message me for more information on how to get the best oils.
- Plastics: Plastic water bottles, plastic drink bottles, plastic storage containers … plastic is everywhere. Plastics are made with chemicals that leech into the liquid or food that it’s holding. This will then enter your body when you drink or eat it. Gross, right?
- Natural and Healthy Alternative: Use refillable glass or stainless steel water bottles and use glass storage containers for your food.
- Toothpaste: Toothpaste is loaded down with chemicals that are being used to clean your mouth. These toxins are being absorbed into your body as you brush away, 2-minutes, twice a day. If you’re using mouthwash then you can be assured you’re adding more chemicals to the mix. Defeats the purpose of a “clean mouth” doesn’t it?
- Natural and Healthy Alternative: Use a natural, organic toothpaste. I use one that includes certified medical grade essential oils to also provide my body a great immune boost. Message me for more information on how to get your own. If you’re a DIY-er then this puts you in control of what’s in your toothpaste too.
- Cleaners: This category ranges from what you’re using to clean your counter tops, ovens, bathrooms, windows, cars, and more. It also includes your laundry detergent and dish detergent. The list of chemicals in these products is way too long. Imagine that you’re cleaning your floor and then you walk on it barefoot, or your child crawls around on it, or your pet licks the window you just cleaned. Your feet, your child’s hands and knees, and your pet’s tongue are all entry ways into the body. These chemicals will be taken in and then stored throughout the body, making it more difficult to process and cleanse anything.
- Natural and Healthy Alternative: Choose a product that is natural and organic but be sure to read the fine print on all the labels because just because it says “natural” or “organic” doesn’t mean there aren’t chemicals or toxins. I use a company that provides cleaners and detergent with sources derived from nature; they not only clean great but they smell amazing and are improving my health at the same time. Message me to learn more about these great products. Again, if you’re a DIY-er, there are so many you could make!
- Soap: Yes, something a simple as soap is now jam-packed with disgusting chemicals. Most soaps contain “fragrance” or “parfum” and you especially have to be wary of the soaps labeled as “antibacterial” because these contain triclosan, which is a potential carcinogen.
- Natural and Healthy Alternative: Organic and natural soaps are available, you just have to search for them and really read those labels. I do a combination of using a very organic, non-GMO, gluten free brand of soap that I love but I also love to get creative and make my own soap using those certified pure essential oils I have handy so I can add their great medicinal benefits. Message me if you’d like to get you own essential oils.
You don’t have to live in fear that you’ll get some horrible disease from products in your home, but start replacing what you do have with natural alternatives, it’s the best thing you can do for your health!
Keep your home clean and toxin-FREE!
Until next time …