Do you ever sit back and look at yourself and say “WoW! Who’s that person?” I mean, really looking at yourself and coming up with that. You’ve become this stressed out, tightly wound up person that could be calm one minute and then screaming the next. You’ve become the person with no patience for anything at all. Have you ever felt like that? I’ve felt that way! …. Here’s what I did about it …
It IS possible to feel better when you feel like you can’t. There is hope … and that hope is in the form of natural goodness that is truly good for your mind … your body … and your spirit!
- Eat Right: Of course it’s important to eat right when something is off in your body. Our body responds to foods quite erratically at times. Be sure you’re getting a whole food, natural, organic diet. Plus, it’s important you fill the gaps in your diet with a pure, all natural supplement. I take a very specialized formula of food nutrients, minerals, vitamins, omegas, and antioxidants that has completely turned my life around.
- Exercise Daily: As long as you’re getting out of your chair or off the couch, it’s better than not! Move it or lose it, so I always say. Walk, play with your kids, go to a gym, get a physical therapist to work with you, get an accountability partner … whatever it takes to get your body moving. Do it every day. It will make a significant impact not only on your health and wellness, but also your mood!
- Rest and Stress Management: Rest is so important. Are you getting at least 7-9 hours of sleep a night? Work on it. Rest is the time your body and mind heal and recover. Stress management is also an important aspect for your health. Stress hormones tear our bodies apart. There are different things you can do improve your quality of rest and stress management; try meditation, yoga, walks on the beach or through a mountain trail, reading, get a massage, listen to calming music, take a bath, and more. Find something that works for you and get in the zone.
- Balance Hormones: It’s quite possible that this could be triggered with changes in hormones. Stress hormones alone make a huge impact on our mood and add that to our changes in estrogen and what-not then you could be a ticking time bomb. Balancing your hormones is necessary. I take a completely natural, plant-based phytoestrogen supplement to support balanced hormones. This has made a difference in my mood and has been completely worth it.
- Aromatherapy: Using pure, medical grade, essential oils for aromatherapy have a very powerful affect on your brain. When you smell an essential oil it will directly affect your limbic system, the part of your brain that holds your emotions. There is a ton of research that shows how powerful this can be to our mood by calming, uplifting, focusing, and more!
These are just 5 simple self-care daily moves you can do for yourself. A little consistency for this and your health and wellness will improve dramatically … and so will your mood!
If you would like to know more about the very specialized food supplements, hormone supplements, and the purest essential oils available, and be able to get them at wholesale prices, email DrCoriCampbell@gmail.com.
I look forward to helping you on your journey to natural health and wellness!
Until next time…
Dr. Cori Campbell, Physical Therapist & Holistic Health Coach