When you hear chicken salad do you think of a green salad with chicken … or chopped/shredded chicken with goodies all mixed in? For me, it’s the latter. I’ve always been a bit picky when it comes to a good chicken salad though. The chicken can’t be too chunky and I personally will refuse a chicken salad with onions in it (although you could easily add them to this recipe if you love them, like my weird parents do!). And then, to find a healthy version of this yummy meal was often difficult too. So, low and behold, I’ve put together some magical mastery of this chicken salad.
When deciding to make a lifestyle plan for wellness, you most certainly need to incorporate good meals. I hesitate saying the word “diet” anymore because it’s become a bad 4-letter word. But, actually, diet just means what you eat. So, I’ve been calling it a lifestyle for quite a few years. I don’t “diet” because I eat healthy … most of the time. I don’t “diet” because those have become fads that roller coaster your life and emotions until you’re motion sick. I lifestyle. How do you lifestyle?
When you lifestyle, it’s important to plan ahead for your meals. Well, it’s important for me to do that anyway because otherwise, I’ll fall off my own bandwagon. If you’re more disciplined to turn your mouth away from your temptation when you don’t have pre-made up meals stacked neatly in the fridge, then by all means, keep doing what you’re doing! For me, I know the triggers, and I have to have good meals and things to snack on in the house.
So, about that chicken salad, right?
I called it “Essential Chicken Salad” for a reason … and here is that reason…
What Makes It Essential?
Medical grade Essential Oils. Simple. Amazing. Must-Have! These are packed full of amazing physical and emotional benefits for our 11 body systems. Our body is an amazing piece of machinery so why not support your body in a healthy, natural way. This is so easy to do with these essential oils.
SAFETY NOTE: I specifically only educate on and sell doTERRA essential oils. I trust them exclusively for their purity and their potency. This recipe is not deemed safe if you choose to use any other brand of essential oil.
- Provides antioxidant support.
- Supports healthy circulation.
- Aids digestion.
- Soothes anxious feelings.
- Supports healthy immune function.
- Positively affects the mood.
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being.
Now that you know some of the added benefits of using these essential oils in your chicken salad … let’s get to making it!
- 1.3-1.5 pounds of good quality, free-range, antibiotic-free, chicken (I like a mix of white and dark meat, but you pick what you like).
- 2-4 stalks of organic celery (if you can get this from a co-op near you, awesome!).
- 1/4-1/3 cup walnuts, chopped to your liking.
- 1/4-1/3 cup dried organic cranberries (do NOT get the bad sugary kind … I repeat… NO added sugars!)
- 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise (make your own … or buy a very good, organic one)
- 2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 2 drops doTERRA Lime Essential Oil
- Organic Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- (optional) … red onions chopped to your heart’s desire … ick
To be perfectly honest, I don’t exactly measure everything. So, if you want more or less of the above, then mix it all until you get a consistency that you LOVE.
- Bake the chicken.
- Coat the chicken in a good organic olive oil, salt and pepper … rub it in good.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads at 165 degrees.
- Set aside to cool in a bowl …
- Once cooled, shred/chop the chicken to your liking (I like it cut up real small and even shredded… if you like it chunky … then make it chunky … it’s your chicken)
- Chop the celery and walnuts and cranberries to a size you like (again, I like mine kind of small, but yours will be your masterpiece!) and add to the cooled, now shredded/chopped chicken.
- Add your doTERRA Essential Oils
- Add the mayonnaise
- MIX .. and Done!
Now, go enjoy your magical Essential Chicken Salad!
Want to get your own medical grade essential oils? Great! Purchase from me and you also get me as your personal wellness coach … for FREE … Seriously! So, send me a message and let’s get to working on your health and wellness together!
Please leave me a comment below and tell me your favorite part of this recipe! And … don’t forget to share the love with others!
Until next time …